Our top-45 prospect countdown is now 2/3rds complete, so let’s take a look back at the players we’ve ranked in the latter half of the first round.
Continue past the jump to see the players we’ve ranked between 16th and 30th overall.
Click on each prospect’s name to see their individual prospect profile.
- Massive forward with big skill had disappointing injury and suspension plagued 2014-15. Projects far better than his numbers.
- Gritty two-way defender without many holes in his game, could develop into anything at the NHL level.
- Powerplay ace with a cannon of a shot and big offensive upside, but defensive questions. Hugely impressive Swedish career before making jump to North America.
- Heady and intelligent playmaker that sees the ice well and produces offense.
- Tremendous athlete with good skill and physicality. Skating needs work and offensive ceiling questionable.
- Has to bulk up to handle physicality, but smallish winger is fearless and flashy. Very good scoring talent.
- Highest scoring D on the CHL’s best team at 17. Fantastic skater and strong defensive ability to go with offensive upside. Undersized, however.
- Sneaky and deceptive offensive player with strong puck skills, quick feet, and a willingness to engage in puck battles. Very creative playmaker.
- One of the WHL’s top 17-year old ES scorers this past season. Very smart and crafty 200-foot player, but could benefit with improved skating.
- Fast climber up rankings played with Auston Matthews, but is a very skilled playmaker that excels in a puck possession system.
- Hard nosed and gritty offensive dynamo with extremely high talent. Down year in 2014-15, but was incredible as a 16-year old.
- Big body, crushing hitter, nasty fighter, smart defensive defender, strong playmaker, and prolific shooter checks all boxes on the good D checklist.
- Electric sniper with tons of flash to his game. Decent defensively with a good work ethic, but had an inconsistent year. Near-elite skill set.
- Towering defensive ace that skates well and always impresses in live viewings. Mediocre counting stats cause concern, but may have been influenced by poor luck.
- Bulky winger with a nasty streak and a rocket of a shot, but questions about how effective he’ll be without an elite linemate.